For the past year, I have been wanting to get an air fryer so badly. Typically, if I wanted something I would just go and get it. However, being a new dog dad, I had new responsibilities and priorities.
June 10th was my birthday and Maggie had gotten me a few gifts. I am not big on gifts; it’s not that I don’t appreciate them, it’s just that I would rather not have a surprise. Unfortunately, we both had work all day and I refused to open them without her. With that being said, I had a ginormous, wrapped box sitting in my house all day that kept staring at me. It was the first time in a long time I was excited to open a gift.
Finally, Maggie comes home which allows me to crack into the box. This is what was in it:
A Ninja Air Fryer! Of course, I was filled with excitement and disbelief. But, we were in the middle of moving. This meant that I would not be opening the box until it had been transported to our new home. #bummer
I hope you love It's Probably Rob as much as we do! If you would like to continue hearing about travel journeys, fashion tips, food how to's, and selfcare necessities, consider making a small contribution.
Now that we are pretty much moved into the new place, I got to open the box and FINALLY use that puppy. Maggie and I were trying to think of an origin of food to make with you guys. We came to the realization that there was no other type of food to make other than Mexican cuisine (our favorite).
What I decided to make for you guys was one appetizer and one entree. For the appetizer we did an avocado inspired spring roll, which sounds like an Asian cuisine but we made it Mexican-esque. The entree is a chicken and pineapple fajita. Both of these recipes are, obviously, cooked with air fryer. Most of the recipe is inspired by other current recipes, however, we changed them up a bit to fit our liking and lifestyle.
Avocado Spring Roll
with Sweet & Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 3 Medium Avocados (cubed)
- Lime Juice (1-2 limes)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Sun Dried Tomato
- 2/3 cup Diced Red Onion
- 1/3 cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- 10-12 Spring Roll Wrappers
- Sweet & Spicy Dipping Sauce (recipe below)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
- Sriracha (to taste)
- In a medium bowl, combine avocado, lime juice, sun dried tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper, to taste. Gently mix to combine.
- One at a time, place spring roll wrapper into a large mixing bowl filled with warm water.
- Once flaccid, towel dry wrapper.
- Spoon ¼ cup mixture onto the bottom third of the wrapper.
- Fold wrapper around mixture with no open edges
- Set aside and repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Spray all sides of the egg rolls with avocado oil, or equivalent.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F. In batches, cook 400F for 6 minutes, turning halfway through, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce and sriracha and serve on the side for dipping.
Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Fajita
with Lime Crema
- 1 lb Chicken (Strips)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Pineapple
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 tbsp Fajita Seasoning (recipe below)
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 4 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Cayenne
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Salt
- Lime Crema Sauce (recipe below)
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- 1 clove Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Lime Zest
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Prep the vegetables and pineapple (not too thin as you might end up with burnt veggies), and slice the chicken.
- Drizzle oil over the chicken strips, and season with the fajita seasoning. Toss well and make sure that they’re evenly coated with the seasoning. Add the veggies, and season well. Make sure that everything is well coated in fajita seasoning.
- Put everything in Air Fryer basket. Cook at 200°C (390°F) for about 15 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, pico de gallo, lime crema or guacamole.
I will be the first to say that the spring rolls came out SO perfectly crispy and the fajitas looked like they just came off of the cast iron skillet. Both dipping sauces gave each dish a perfect match. There are great nutritional values that air frying brings upon your body. With that being said, these two dishes would normally be not the greatest thing to put into your body, but since we air fried, they were exceptional in taste and nutrition.
The Ninja air fryer is extremely easy to use and even easier to clean after use. Here is the link to the product; Ninja Air Fryer. I had so much fun making this blog and food, please send recommendations on more you would like to see and hear about in the air fryer.
Be sure to check out my newest page on itsprobablyrob.com; YouTube. Make sure to like, subscribe, and turn on the bell notifications!
This is not promoted or sponsored. All opinions, thoughts, and suggestions are made by It’s Probably Rob.